So thanksgiving has come and gone. We are now officially into the “holiday season”. Break out the egg nog, the decorations, the unused christmas cards from last year, the holiday music, and of course the shopping carts. Today is Black Friday. Supposedly the best and biggest shopping day of the year. I have never really paticipated in Black Friday, but today I woke up bright and early to check and see what kind of super deals I could find. I was looking specifically for a great deal on a camcorder. You know what I found? Nothing! Nada! Zilch! I mean there were some decent sales, but nothing great. Nothing worth getting up at 5 AM for. Store after store was disappointing. Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Wal-Mart, Staples. All of them sucked. Even the open box items were not really marked down. 25% off for an open box item sucks. I’ll see if I have a little better luck at the outlets after work this afternoon.
Thanksgiving itself was nice, albeit long and tiring. I started the day off with a very fun game of football. My team won 6-4 so we got the bragging rights. Hopefully I can make this a new tradition because everyone seems to want to do it again. After the game I ran home and showered up. Dinner was served at my grandmother’s (mom’s side) by 3:30. I had some fried turkey, some delicious yams, and some stuffing, before hitting the road to go to my other grandmother’s house (father’s side). I said a quick hello over there, sampled some wine and their turkey, then headed to the Bronx to see my girlfriend’s family. We got there around 5:30 and stayed till about 9:30. They were very happy that I was able to stay for that long. I was happy I did not have to hear a guilt trip. Tomorrow my Dad will be having his own dinner at his house so that will mark the end of the Thanksgiving festivities for me. I am going to be full till next Tuesday.
So as I mentioned before I will be a complete sap for the next month. I plan to have a lot going on here for the holidays. Some fun games, trivia, music for you guys every day. I am going to start by doing this list I got from Kellychicky’s page. You don’t have to read it, but if you feel compelled to that’s cool too. See you guys Monday probably.
Sidenote: I didn’t mention this last week, but Thank You Donnie Walsh (GM of the Knicks) for finally giving us Knicks fans something to hope for. Your trades last week were a stroke of genius. Now we get to look forward to a future which could realistically include Lebron James and Chris Bosh. I love you sir.
If you are reading this then you are tagged and should do it for yourself and us to read. Change all the answers so that they apply to you.
Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on the gift, but wrapping paper usually.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Ain’t nuthin’ like the real thing baby.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually about two weeks before christmas.
4. When do you take the tree down? Right after Three King’s Day (around Jan 5th)
5. Do you like eggnog? Way too much, even though it gives me the loose bowels.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I would have to go with my Atari complete with Donkey Kong and Space Invaders.
7 Hardest person to buy for? Me.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My grandmother. Scented candles ot flowers are all she ever wants.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. It goes in our front window.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I get to give some in person. The rest I e-mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I’ve gotten some pretty horrible sweaters.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story hands down. Although It’s A Wonderful Life gets me every time. There are so many I love though.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I started last week, but the bulk of it starts after Thanksgiving for me.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No. Not that I remember at least.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hmm. This is tough. I’d have to go with a Haitian dish my grandmother usually makes. Conche Meat. It’s my favorite and she rarely makes it. I have also become quite fond of White Chocolate covered Oreos.
16. Lights on the tree? Is this a real question? Of course!
17. Favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Song – Nat King Cole Version. I’ll have more on this later.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Most of my family is here in New York with me so I stay home. New York is the best place to be for Christmas anyway. I may go to Miami one of these years though,
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Is Rudolph’s nose red? Of Course I can!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Both. They are kind of right next to eachother.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Well It used to be that my mom’s side would do Christmas Eve, and my Dad’s would do Christmas Day. Now it’s all on Christmas Day though.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who like to shit all over things and try to ruin it for those of us who really enjoy.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? This is tough. We have a set of antique crystal icicles that go onto the tree last. They add a really nice glow to the tree because they reflect the light really well.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? The wine! lol.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year. Good will to mankind and Rock Band 2 (the complete set).