Oh man, what a weekend. The holiday party (click here for the main party page) kicked off with a bang on Friday. The turnout was great. As with any party there were a few incidents.
– MlleRobillard and Shirlann had their testy moments in the kitchen. This was my fault really. I should have that basement kitchen finished by now. One oven for two such prolific cooks was just poor planning.
– TheBigShowAtUD was spotted doing the Carlton dance. He was warned that doing so again would result in him immediately being escorted off the premises.
– A vicious catfight almost broke out when SnippiesBlog decided she no longer wanted to share CiaoBella810 with Millsanicole . A quote from Snippie: “I’m tired of being a reverse oreo. It’s time for me and Bella to make this a black and white cookie.”
– Jaynebug had to be rushed to the ER after overdosing on Tamales. She would be fine though.
– And of course someone peed in one of my potted plants. I think it was this guy. He just looks so suspicious doesn’t he?
Aside from those unfortunate happenings everything went wonderful. SnippiesBlog ‘s holiday chat was a great success and CiaoBella810‘s red carpet show made me feel like I was on E (the television channel, not the drug). CHECK OUT SNIPPIES ON XANGATV TONIGHT AT 9ET!!! All of our hosts have been doing a fantastic job as a matter of fact. Here are our updated lists for everyone to check out;
drinks and dessert recipes
Krissy Cole’s Favorite Things List
Holiday Gift Exchange
We have lots more in store for this week starting with Elgaberino’s Holiday Playlist Bash. This is just a fantastic idea he came up with. Here are his rules:
1. What: Submit a Playlist of 10-15 Christmas/Holiday Songs.
I don’t care what they are so long as they are associated with the November/December holiday season and you can preferably provide a link to them. Please no inappropriate content. Let’s keep this classy.
2. When: Submissions Accepted Friday, December 12 – Saturday, December 20.
Go ahead and start compiling that list. I will be officially opening the ballot, announcing contest judges (and hopefully prizes?) and begin posting YOUR submissions on Tuesday, December 16. The winning playlist will be featured on my blog in a “Christmas-Eve-Eve” (December 23) edition Tunes for Tuesday, where I will write a review about why you won.
3. Who: Judges & Eligible Contestants.
I am gathering an elite panel of musically-oriented Xangans to judge the contest. Everyone is encouraged to participate! The only caveat: I reserve the right to disqualify you if you manage to include some offensive content in your list. Or whatever. You people. Tsk, tsk.
4. How: Submission Methods &
Submissions: please provide a list of songs, numbered, in the order/sequence you think they should be played for best effect. If you can submit it in the form of an imeem playlist, or something similar, that would be best, but I won’t be stingy if you can’t find sound to link to each song. Criteria: I will be encouraging the judges to look at which playlist is most listenable, balances creativity with broad appeal. Ideally, each song should sound good following the song before it, so that there is a natural flow to it. Nobody wants a harshly jarring Christmas.
5. Where: elgaberino and vanedave.
Feel free to post submissions in comment or message form (a) to me, the host of the contest, or (b) to vanedave, the host of the Official Xanga Holiday Party. It really doesn’t matter which. We’re going to be consolidating them to one list. Just, you know, whatever. Enjoy the variety.
So think about it, then share it with us! What sounds are going to be in
your Christmas mix?
Click the “recommend” heart and and tell your friends about
the contest so we can get lots of great music mixes