Alright everyone. It’s time for a little fun. And what could be more fun than watching some of your fellow xangans bitch at eachother…in a civilized and well organized manner of course. (We here at the Vanedave Experience are all about class.)
I am hosting xanga’s very first debate tournament (to my knowledge at least.). It will be just like the NCAA Tournament, except no athletic skill whatsoever will be involved. This one is all about the brains.
Once the field of 16 is set I will announce all of our debaters. When it comes down to making our matchups, instead of having blogger’s names in the brackets we will instead only have seed numbers. This way it does not turn into a popularity contest. For the first two rounds readers will vote on a winner. The final four will be decided by judges, with reader votes counting as one of the judges. These are the judges we have so far…
jediwa72 (most likely)
I will determine two more judges after the field of 16 is set. About that field of 16, let’s talk about what you have to do to participate.
To Enter Into the Xanga Debate Tourney
– Simply leave me a comment here on this page stating your intent to enter.
– Contained in your comment must be one possible debate topic. ALL DEBATE TOPICS MUST BE RELATED TO XANGA! (i.e. the impact of the ish sites on xanga, why metablogging is good/bad, etc.)
– Once 16 debaters are chosen that will also give us 16 debate topics to choose from. Topics for each matchup will be chosen at random from these 16.
– Debaters will be messaged their topic and whether or not they are to argue pro or con. They will be allowed a first statement and one rebuttal. The finished debate will then be posted for all to see.
– Prizes will be announced during the Final Four. All entries must be received by Sunday at 11:59 PM ET.
Alright xanga, there you have it. 16 spots up for grabs. Do you have what it takes to go all the way?
Rec this please to help get the word out. Or don’t. Not trying to tell you what to do or anything.